How do I apply to work?

Updated 4 yrs ago

You are eligible to work as an election officer on polling day if you are an eligible elector.

An eligible elector is:

  • a Canadian citizen
  • at least 18 years of age
  • resident in Yukon for the past 12 months

For the first time, youth aged 16 or 17 will be eligible to work as poll attendants! They must meet the other qualifications.

Returning Officers hire staff in each electoral district. They will begin looking for election officers in advance of the upcoming general election. If you are interested in working on polling day, contact your local Returning Officer by email or call Elections Yukon.